About Me

My photo
Encounters with Hungarian

Followers

2009-12-28

Mysteries of Life

Missing object found yields known object disappeared. The camera was rediscovered yesterday, nestled under the black nylon trash bag, invisible for the last week since its black leather cover caused it to merge completely with the larger container. Ah, relief, $90 not wasted after all, not pitched thoughtlessly into a trash container. Now if I could only find my wallet, missing since yesterday noon. I know I had it when I came in, because the keys to the house are chained to the wallet. And the door was locked, I am sure, I remember having to unlock the door. But where did the damn thing go? I have gone around the house three times looking at every plausible surface, even checking the fridge to see if by chance I dropped the wallet in a bag and then pitched it all onto the lower shelf. At least I have a spare set of car keys and a $10 bill. And then there is the issue of the other pair of black leather shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment