About Me

My photo
Encounters with Hungarian

Followers

2010-04-05

Conversation number two

The downstairs folks, Imry and Erzebet and Gabriella invited me for Tee und Kuchen... I was on my way to school in the middle of last week and the two parents (I&E) were outside digging holes to plant some small shrubs, so i pitched in for about 5 minutes, doing the heavy digging work, but had to bail out after a bit to go to school. Anyway they left a very nice note in my box inviting me for a drink some afternoon, and i saw them on Saturday and said I was going to Gyor on Sunday, how about Monday, so it was fine.

We did the usual point and fumble with english/hungarian german/hungarian dictionaries, pretty much got the picture down, Gabriella is divorced, 2 yrs ago, had been working as a nurse, now has been diagnosed with some tumors in her throat, will have an operation next week, wont be able to talk for about 2 months, the older folks are retired, he used to work for the national railways, they moved from Tatabanya to Tata at the same time she divorced, she has a son and a granddaughter, he is 26 , she is 3.7 or so, anyway we did all this over some homemade cake and pastry, it was really very sweet.

rainy and gloomy all day. i am doing laundry and wash and otherwise not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment